What have you learned from your audience feedback?
Here is our Magazine advert and Digipak feedback.
Our feedback was received from peers from our school and our class teachers. Here me and Josh analyse our Magazine Adverts and Digipaks and how they have changed over the duration of this course.
Feedback for our rough cut can be found on earlier blog posts.
Here is our director's commentary from Josh and Matthew about the Rough Cut of Matthew's edit which was very similar to mine and Josh's edit.
Some parts of this video can't be heard clearly, therefore I will write the feedback we received for this rough cut.
We received a mixed reception for the shot of our dogs, some liked it and some didn't. We were advised to use more shots of Josh from a lower angle as we used one in an earlier rough cut which worked really well. We were also advised to remove the blur affect that was put in as it looked like a bad shot rather than the effect we were going for which was to make it look as if the point of view was coming from someone who was drunk. Some of the lip syncing wasn't perfect, therefore we decided to cut some clips where Josh forgets his lyrics and add footage of Josh walking and acting up to the camera instead.
In this directors commentary me and Matthew talk about our Final Cut and how we changed it from the rough cut. We explain what bits have been added/removed and how this cut is slightly different from the cut before.
In this video Matthew talks about the feedback which we received from our Questionnaire.
Here Matthew tweeted the link of our video to his twitter followers on behalf of our group to gain more feedback.
Here is the feedback received after Matthew had tweeted. The general overview of our video was that it was good and fun to watch, however our audience would have liked to have seen more locations being used to give our video that bit of extra creativity.
Here is our finished 6 panel digipak. Our front and back cover have been shown in earlier posts with more detail. For the third panel we decided to take a picture of our artists' shoes. This was to show his style and 'swagger' as he is seen wearing hi-top trainers and baggy jeans which was the look we were intending to go for. We have also included a spine as our previous layout was without a spine. For our spine we decided to keep it simple, we used the same font as we did for the front and back cover but just changed the colour to black with a white background. Also, from out album research we found out that most albums have the record label within the spine, so this is why we added our record label. We decided to also include a 7 digit number after the record label as we found that this was also featured in all of the digipaks that we looked at. We didn't edit any of the inside panels as they received good feedback.