Monday 12 September 2011

Artist Development - Eminem

Eminem released his first studio album in 1996 called Infinite and he said this "Obviously, I was young and influenced by other artists, and I got a lot of feedback saying that I sounded like Nas and AZ. 'Infinite' was me trying to figure out how I wanted my rap style to be, how I wanted to sound on the mic and present myself. It was a growing stage. I felt like 'Infinite' was like a demo that just got pressed up."
Eminem is known to be quite funny and silly and he was arrested for pulling out an unloaded gun and keeping it pointed at the ground. He was given two years probation.
In 1997 Eminem started to refer to himself as 'Slim Shady'. He moved away from lyrics in Infinite about drug use, sexual acts, mental stability and over-the-top violence.
Eminem then released 'Marshall Mathers LP', 'The Eminem Show' and 'Encore'. These were all very successful albums and due to this Eminem considered ending his music career and decided to release a Greatest Hits album named 'Curtain Call'
In 2009 he released his comeback album called 'Relapse' 3 years after his last album 'The Re-Up'

However, Eminem himself wasn't happy with that album and therefore quickly released a new and more successful album named 'Recovery' which featured Rihanna and other famous artists.
Eminem has now reunited with Royce da 5'9 and formed the band 'Bad Meets Evil' which was originally formed in 1999. They have recently released an album with songs featuring artists such as Bruno Mars.

No comments:

Post a Comment