Wednesday 6 July 2011

The skills I have developed for during the time we have been spending on our preliminary tasks are that I feel that I have a wider understanding of using some of the effects of Final Cut Express. Also I had more time filming footage and getting familiar with the cameras and I think I am now more confident in filming footage. We learnt how to lip synch and make a dance sequence go to the beat to a song that we were provided with.


We decided to use the mirror effect for this shot as we thought it looked interesting and worked well with the song
 We added the sepia tone effect to this shot to give it a more professional look.
 We gave this shot a sunset glow.
 We also used another effect that gave a white glow to our shot.
  
Animal Costumes – For our Animal Costumes task we were given a few random bits of footage which we had to cut and make a sequence out of according to the beat of the song. Matthew and I were both familiar with Final Cut Express and we both had attempts in cutting some of the footage and rearranging it in order to make it work with the music. After we had cut and rearranged the sequence that worked well with the beat we decided to add a few effects and see what variety of effects that Final Cut Express has to offer. Here are some examples of the effects we decided to add in to our video. 



Lip Synch – We thought that our lip synch task was very successful as we managed to include all of the footage we wanted to and we also felt that we had created a music video that looked like a real music video. We chose the song CD is Dead – JME and Tempa T because we knew the lyrics to an extent, enjoyed the song and thought it would be easy to lip synch with as most lyrics are repeated. We decided to get a lot of people in the video to make it more interesting. Also, the locations we used weren’t limited; we went all around the school to film including the park. I am most happy at the amount of footage and scenes we have in our music video as there isn’t one point which I find boring or too dull. I feel that it works really well and we also tried to add some humour into it. Looking in hindsight I would decide to make myself much more confident with the lyrics as I feel that sometimes the lip synching on me wasn’t great due to my unfamiliarity with the lyrics.


This is one of my favourite shots as Matthew is jumping into the frame which we both found funny and thought it went well as the lyric he comes in and says is said really quickly










I really like this shot because of the background shown. We were very lucky to use this as our background as we were randomly walking around the school looking for places and in the corner of my eye we found this piece of graffiti and we thought it was perfect for our video and we are really glad this shot was used.




This is also another one of my favourite shots as we are meant to be MC artists who are meant to be seen as tough, however we are in a childrens playground singing on a swing.










We decided to make a version with advanced effects. However we were very limited with time and we only added a few effects to our video. We did learn how to put 4 different shots into one main shot which worked out very well.


Radiohead Mashup - I wasn't in during the lesson which the class were doing this task. However Matthew showed me his version and the final cut express version of it and I understood the concepts of the task.


No comments:

Post a Comment